Cart is empty
Global Demand For Portable Analysis Instrumentation To Reach $8.5 Billion In 2018
The global demand for portable analysis instrumentation can be broken down into four market segments: Asia, NAFTA, Europe, and other markets.
The demand for portable analysis instrumentation in Asia is expected to total nearly $2.5 billion in 2013 and nearly $2.8 billion in 2018, a CAGR of 2.4%.
As a segment, NAFTA is expected to have a demand of $1.4 billion in 2013 and $1.6 billion in 2018, a CAGR of 2.3%.
Europe’s demand should total $3.1 billion in 2013 and $3.5 billion in 2018, a CAGR of 2.4%.
All other markets are expected to have a demand of $439 million in 2013 and $581 million in 2018, a CAGR of 5.8%.
We perceive the world through the narrow window of our limited human senses. While the electromagnetic spectrum extends from direct current to X-rays, our eyes respond only to frequencies running from red through violet. Our ears ignore most of what nature has to say, unable to react to the low-pitch infrasound chatter of elephants and the high-pitch sonar of bats. Throughout history, instruments that opened our vision to the very small and the very distant changed long-held beliefs about the cause of infectious disease and man’s place in the cosmos. With greater precision came greater insights. Instruments capable of measuring the speed of light led Einstein to relativity. Devices that detected tiny changes in the Earth’s gravity guided Cold War submarines and today guide the search for deep oil.
Analysis instrumentation takes us the step beyond observation, by in a very broad sense describing our relationship to the unseen realms. Sampling our surroundings, analysis instruments tell us if the air is safe to breathe, the water safe to drink. Chemical analysis instrumentation distinguishes among thousands of compounds that appear identical.
This report will help its readers:
- Distinguish among basic types of PAIs based on their fundamental analytical capabilities, chromatography, spectroscopy, etc.
- Forecasting country-level demand for 51 national economies, including China-Hong Kong as a separate national economy from China-Mainland
- Forecast the market demand for portable analysis instrumentation by dollar and unit sales
- Highlight the roles played by major stakeholders and players.
This report will be valuable to many industry participants, including the following:
- Managers responsible for field-level data collection activities related to manufacturing, scientific research, and regulatory enforcement and compliance
- Executives responsible for improving their organization’s field data acquisition activities
- Design engineers specializing in sensors, application-specific integrated circuits, and instrument packaging
- Manufacturers of portable instrumentation
- Sensor manufacturers
- IC suppliers
- ASIC service providers
- Investors exploring opportunities in the activities described above.
Details of the new report, table of contents and ordering information can be found on Electronics.ca Publications' web site. View the report: "Portable Analysis Instrumentation".