Cart is empty
Global Electronic Chemicals and Materials to Reach Nearly $28.8 Billion in 2017
ATR-Newswire (Press Release) - Jan 21, 2013 - ELECTRONICS.CA PUBLICATIONS, the electronics industry market research and knowledge network, announces the availability of a new report entitled ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS: THE GLOBAL MARKET. According to this report the global market for electronic chemicals and materials was valued at $21.2 billion in 2011 and should reach $22 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $28.8 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5%.
The electronic chemicals and materials market can be broken down into several segments, including: wafers, gases, and polymers (including conductive polymers).
The wafers segment is expected to reach nearly $12.1 billion in 2012 and $16 billion in 2017, a CAGR of 5.7%.
As a segment, gases should total $3.3 billion in 2012 and nearly $3.9 billion in 2017, a CAGR of 3.2%.
The segment for polymers including conductive polymers should have a value of nearly $2.1 billion in 2012 and nearly $2.9 billion in 2017, a CAGR of 6.9%.
Semiconductors are used in all areas of electronics applications including computing, consumer goods, motor vehicles, instrumentation and control, communications, and defense. Semiconductors are electronic devices that exploit the electronic properties of silicon, Germanium, and Gallium Arsenide.
Most semiconductor manufacturing processes require a very high level of cleanliness throughout the various process steps in order to achieve acceptable yield levels. The high purity of chemicals helps Chip producers achieve better yields by minimizing contamination during cleaning operations.
Semiconductor devices can be integrated along with a large number of similar devices onto a single chip, called an integrated circuit (IC).
This report will help its readers:
- Assess technological developments in electronic chemicals and determine their current and future impact on the overall market
- Identify the factors driving demand
- Make available the most current and reliable information on the consumption of chemicals and other materials in the global electronics industry
- Estimate the global supply and demand scenario by application and global region
- Estimate the growth rate in demand
- Estimate the projected supply and demand scenario through 2017.
This report will be valuable to several industry participants, including the following:
- Electronic chemical and materials suppliers
- Semiconductor manufacturers
- Professional organizations
- End users and distributors
- Financial institutions
- Academic and research institutions.
Details of the new report, table of contents and ordering information can be found on Electronics.ca Publications' web site. View the report: ELECTRONIC CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS: THE GLOBAL MARKET.