Cart is empty
Global Market For Thermal Management To Reach $10.1 Billion In 2017
Thermal management hardware (e.g., fans and blowers, heat sinks, etc.) account for about 80% of the total thermal management market. The other main thermal management product segments –software, interface materials, and substrates – each account for between 5% and 7% of the market.
The largest end markets for thermal management products in 2011 were the computer industry (50.8% of total revenues), telecommunications (16.8%), and medical/office equipment (11.5%). Computers are projected to increase their market share to 57.1% by 2017, while telecommunications applications’ share drops to 13.6%. Medical/office equipment’s share should remain steady at around 11.5%.
The North American market should maintain its number one position throughout the period under review, with a market share of about 37%, followed by Asia-Pacific with around 25%. The Asia-Pacific countries (except Japan) are not only the second-largest market in absolute terms, but they also have the highest projected growth rate (i.e., a CAGR of 9% between 2012 and 2017).
The overall goal of this report is to provide an analysis of the most recent developments and current trends in the global thermal management marketplace.
Specific objectives include:
- Identifying thermal management technologies and products with the greatest commercial potential in the near to mid-term (2012–2017)
- Analyzing the key drivers and constraints that will shape the market for thermal management technologies and products over the next five years
- Estimating the current and future demand for thermal management technologies and products
- Ascertaining the companies that are best positioned to meet this demand because of proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, or other advantages.
This report will be valuable to many industry participants, including the following:
- Thermal management product manufacturers
- Thermal management specialists
- End users and distributors
- Financial institutions
- Academic and research institutions.
Details of the new report, table of contents and ordering information can be found on Electronics.ca Publications' web site. View the report: The Market for Thermal Management Technologies .