Cart is empty
Global Market for Multimedia Chipsets is Expected to Grow to $27.7 Billion by 2017
This report divides the multimedia chipset market into five segments: digital TV, set-top box/IPTV, DVD/home media players, digital camera, and digital signal processors (DSP). BCC expects strong growth in all segments, except digital TVs, which are expected to be saturated in the future.
The growth is driven by the insatiable appetite of consumers looking for a perfect display. Marketing and hype provided by upcoming devices such as tablets that boast near paper-quality display drive consumers to buy new multimedia devices. Due to technology advancements, this phenomenon is repeated across the globe and is giving boost to multimedia chipsets. Consumers are willing to pay a premium for devices with enhanced displays, and this trend is evident in all of the device segments.
Asia is the largest market for multimedia chipsets, accounting for nearly $9.1 billion in 2011, followed by North America at $3.5 billion. Each of the markets is expected to continue momentum and grow at CAGRs of 7.2% and 6.3%, respectively, during the next five years. The rapid growth in Asia is attributed to the growing purchasing power of the population and their fondness for new multimedia technologies. The rest of the world (ROW) market is expected to grow fastest in the category at an 8.3% CAGR and will increase from nearly $2.2 billion in 2011 to $3.8 billion in 2017.
The report also includes a high-level discussion of the hardware and software design that pertains to each segment.
The goal of "Multimedia Chipsets: Technologies and Global Markets" is to provide readers with the following:
- Understanding of the characteristics of chipsets targeted toward each market and the roles played by different hardware and software components
- Understanding of the market segment and the factors driving its growth
- Knowledge of business models used in different market segments
- Market potential for each segment and projections for the next five years.
This report will be useful to a broad reader base. More specifically, the following should benefit:
- Consumer electronics industry insiders, including executives, managers, marketing, and salespeople, looking to enhance their business knowledge by understanding more about the multimedia chipsets market
- Business and venture executives in the technology industry looking to invest in multimedia chipset companies
- Finance and investment professionals looking to make investment decisions for multimedia chipset manufacturers.
Details of the new report, table of contents and ordering information can be found on Electronics.ca Publications' web site. View the report: "Multimedia Chipsets: Technologies and Global Markets" .